Friday, May 10, 2013

May 1 - Hospital                                                                                                                     

I guess my trips are not all to exotic places.  While in Thailand my left hand became quite numb.  As soon as I got home I had it checked and carpal tunnel was diagnosed.  My regular doctor looked at it and wanted me to see an orthpedic surgeon,  The nurse checked and one there in New London hospital had a 1:30 that afternoon opening.  I went for a quick hamburger and back to the hospital.  When he checked my hands he said I set a record.  I wondered how.  He then explained.  He was checking my fingers if I could feel 1 or 2 pokes at a time.  I felt like 1 most of the times and then finally 2.  H said that usually people feel the 2 at 1/4 inch apart or less, mine was  a good 3/4 inch.  I Then I needed an EMG test to be taken.  It usually takes a week or more to get in for one of them, I got in the next morning.  I had to drive to Appleton for that.  A physical with EKG was arranged for Monday at 5:15 and surgery scheduled for this morning at 7.  The first apt was Thursday morning so in less than a week all was taken care of.  Now it is to sit for 2 days with my left hand higher than my heart, very boring.  What besides this can you do one handed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment