Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 22 -Off to Virginia /Baltic Cruise                                                                              


All started started out fine, the people to take me were there a little early, but I was ready.  We got to Appleton airport in plenty of time and the check in went great.  Then the story began.  They started boarding the plane just before 11, it was to leave at 11:10.  I was on, carry-on stowed above and getting my seat belt hooked when the flight attendant came on and said that we could not go into Chicago because of bad weather and there would be a delay of at least an hour.  About an hour later those of us who had connecting flights before 4o'clock were told to go and see if we could get our flight changed.  They then had me booked on 2 flights.  If the first one was still there then I would go on that, if not I had a 2nd plane to go on.  About 3 PM we were again told to board the plane.  When we finally got to Chicago all went OK until they tried to attach the skyway.  It would not connect and mechanics had to be called.  Finally we were connected and could get off the plane.  I have never seen so many people in the Chicago airport all trying to get on one flight or another.  I thought I had missed my 2nd flight for the day.  I had requested transportation. There was a cart and 5 of us ladies were ready for our ride.  As all had missed flights we were taken to passenger service.  The driver took our boarding passes to get new ones for us.  He came right back to me and said my plane had not left but was boarding. I got back on the cart and he took me to gate C2, which was only 10 down from where we were.  This plane was to leave at 4:17 but was late and left at 5 PM.  Called Lori and she met me at Dulles Airport. When I arrived there was to be a wheel chair for me.  None there so the man at the desk called for one and then left.  After a nice wait a TSA person came by and I had her call again. A Muslim woman came to take me to baggage.  All went well until I tipped her. She thought she was worth more than I tipped her. She complained to both Lori and I. I guess they tip more out here in the East.  I gave her some more and all was well.   We then went to Long Horn Steak House for ribs.  As Bert and family were at Fort Bragg, NC, I went home with Lori and stayed there for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment