Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28 - Tallin, Estonia                                                                                                         

Not much power here on board the ship. Can not pull up any pictures.  Will add pictures when we get to someplace where I can, probably back in DC.

We docked in Tallin this morning about 9.  By 9:30 we were being loaded on buses to tour the city.  This was a riding/walking tour.  Tallin is a very interesting city of about 200,000 people in the north of the little country of Estonia.  The tour guide was VERY good telling us about the Medieval times as well as when behind the Iron Curtain. 




Lori walked to the castle of Peter the Great which was named for his wife Katherine.  Pictures were taken so I could see what it was like.  She said I could have made it as some who walked worse than I do made it.  Now I am sorry I stayed in the bus.  I got out at all the other stops.



The ruins of the old nunnery, Nun's Gate, were very interesting.


The walking part, through the old town, was on coble stone streets so was a little hard to walk on, but I did OK and kept up with the group.  Several cruise ships were in port so LOTS of people were walking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment