Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 1 -4 Topeka

We left Elizabeth about 4:30 PM.  We drove through some prairie lands and got to Longland, CO for the night.  Brought in our card box and worked on some until about midnight. In the morning we started for Topeka staying the home where Shelley keeps her extra things. We finished the cards.  I left those with Shelley.  We left the 4th about 8:15 AM for Lincoln.  We stopped at Marysville, KS and got Shelley's field car.  I followed her to Lincoln where we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. I left for my sister's in Iowa and Shelley waited for her coworker Judy to fly in from the British Isles at 7:45 PM.  I got to Vonnie's in time for supper.

1 comment:

  1. We took pictures of the wheat fields being harvested. The farmer offered us a ride, but the clock was ticking for Mom to get to Aunt Vonnie's at a decent time.

    Thanks for being with me for most of a month!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete