Friday, March 15, 2013

March 12 - On to Bangkok                                                                                                          

We hired a driver and on to Bangkok we went.  This driver made us a little nervous as he was on his cell phone most of the time and doing other things we did not appreciate.  He did get us to the hotel safe and sound.

Driving in Thailand is really quite a challenge.  Many cars, cycles, and people going all directions.  Horns are quite usefull here.  I have never been in a place that has such traffic.  I would never drive in the large cities.  I did drive out here in the country and that is even a challenge.

We stayed at a very nice hotel.  Batty took me to the mall for some shopping.  Rarely can one find clothes large enough for me.  A size 12 would be a large size here.  We did find a couple of blouses that Batty bought for my birthday.  I also bought a couple gifts and keep sakes.  We had lunch in the mall at one of those cafe courts.

Brian and I took a nap in the afternoon while Batty went out to do some business.

The hotel had a lovely cafe so we had supper there.  It had a few American things on the menu.  I did get fish again but this was baked halibut with a kind of potatoes and cheese with aspargus and grilled bell peppers for the vegetable.  I will say that the halibut in Alaska was better but this was real good.

A restfull peacefull day.

No comments:

Post a Comment