Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7  Back to Thailand                                                                                                                  


The hotel has a shuttle service to the airport. While waiting to board the plane we sat and had some water.  Brian usually does real well with a straw but today.  He blew back into the straw and water bubbled out and all over the front of me.  I almost made a sign saying, "I have a grandson."  It was rather embarrasing walking around as the water was not only all over the front of shirt and skirt but had gone between my legs and was in back also.

The plane we were to board did not have a walkway up to it so we had to walk out and climb the stairs.  They were a little higher step than normal ones.  About half the way up I stumbled and right away there were 2 men from Bangkok Airways, that were at the top of the steps, down there to help.  That is one way to get a lot of extra care.
 
Airport in Vientiane, Laos

When we arrived in Bangkok one fellow helped me down the stairs and to a waiting van with a wheelchair and pusher.  The rest of the passengers rode to customs in a bus.  I did not have to go through the regular customs.  The pusher checked over all 3 of our passports and pushed me right up to the customs agent.  He then pushed me to luggage and out to a waiting car, Batty had ordered. 

The driver loaded our luggag and we were off to Pattaya, Thailand.

Batty's cousin is manager of the Westerly Hill Hotel.  We stayed here when in Pattaya when Bert was with us and again now.  It is a nice little hotel.

Tonight another cousin came and picked us up in her car and we went out to a very nice seafood place.  The seaford is caught fresh daily in the ocean across the street.

 
Two big crabs in front of the cafe
 
 
My lobster meal
Can you believe the price is only $10?

 
Part of the meal those 3 little Thai girls ate
 
 
Dried Squid
You go up to the rack and choose the one you want
and pay the fellow who owns that ract full.
They sure did not interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment