Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 26                                                                                                                                               


The last couple of days have been more of the same.  Thought I'd wait until I had something to write about.

I walked a couple of blocks down the road and watched 2 older ladies weave silk.

 
This lady is weaving the natural color silk into a
more rough weave.  I have some of this in a creamy
yellow made into a jacket I wore for Bert and Batty's
reception at my place.
Tun gave me a large piece in peach color will have to think
of something to mak it into.

 
Before going to see the 2nd lady I had to wait for the cows
to go home.
These cows are kept at night in the yard of the farmer's home.
In the morning they will be walked out to a field to graze all day
and then at night brought back to the house yard.
About all they are used for is fertilizer.

 
This lady is making a more colorful red and blue striped.
In the evening many sit outside and watch the others walk by.
These ladies had seen Brian and I out walking and wanted to talk
to me but neither knew the others language.  Batty translated for
us this evening.  They thought I looked so strong.  Must be that
                             I am about 3 times their size.  I think the largest size here in town
is about a size 12 or 14.  Interesting being the only white and largest
lady in town.  They seem to all look up to me and think I am OK. 
They are really interested in an American/white person.
They had seen Bert and Brian walk by and thought he was reallt big and strong.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting how one person's "every day" is another person's adventure. You are making a lot of memories this "winter." I put that in " " because you seem to be missing it. We have had a LOT of cold and snow this spring.

    ReplyDelete