Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 13 - Happy Birthday to me                                                                                

WHAT A DAY!!!!!
We slept in a little and then checked out of the hotel and moved to the Ramada Inn by the River.  They put me in a lovely room but Batty smelled smoke and found out that it was a smoking room.  She had my room changed to one on the 14th floor instead of the 4th.  Much better view.


 
The room where I slept
 
 
They had a nice cafe with a lovely buffet.
Toon and Noi were already there.
Brian is learning to eat with chop sticks.
 

 
View out of the window of 4th floor room

 
A long boat

 
Batty, Brian and Toon swimming
 
 
My treat for the night was a dinner cruise on the river.
Here we are riding in a boat taxi to where we were to
board the dinner cruise boat.

 
View from the boat

 
We had to wait for the boat so we
were sitting in a waiting area.
 
Toon bought the material and had the skirt and
blouse made for my birthday.
 
 
Our boat

 
Our table

 
Batty, Brian, Toon and I with another dinner boat in the background
 
 
Thai dancers
They were also greeters before we got on the boat.
 
 
 
 
I have heard of this bridge and seen pictures but
did not remember it was in Bangkok and that I would
ever see it.

 
The crew singing Happy Birthday to me

 
My cake and little bear
 
 
The sax player playing for me

 
The group that celebrated with me
 
 
Lighted temple in the background
 
 
Another lovely lighted building along the way
 
Avery lovely evening, one to be long remembered.
Thanks Batty for all the planning to make it so perfect.
 
The boat taxi was no longer running so we had to get a car taxi back to our hotel.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day! You won't forget it. :)

    And that little grand baby is a doll!

    ReplyDelete