Friday, March 8, 2013

March 8  Pattaya                                                                                                                               


Brian and I have been fighting colds.  We decided to stay put today and hopefully feel better for more sightseeing tomorrow.

I got up about 8:30 and went down to the lobby.  Batty had gone across the street to the 7/eleven and got a few things for breakfast. We did a little laundry.  Went to a nice mall for lunch, another place where they have a kettle of boiling water in the middle of the table.  It was buffet today so we could go and choose what we wanted to cook in this kettle.  I found some chicken wings and sausages so did not have all boiled meat.

After lunch Batty wanted to take me for a session in a steam room and a massage.  Well, this lady took me to a room and said shower and handed me a towel.  So I showered.  When I came out no one was there.  I knew the steam room was right there but did not know what to do so I sat in a rocker they had there hoping someone would come and show me what to do.  After about 20 minutes another lady came in and wanted me to go with her to another room.  When I got there she said shower.  I told her I had one a few minutes ago.  She kept saying shower and I kept saying no.  Finally she had me get on the table and she began to give me an oil massage.  That was very pleasant.  Finally she washed her hands so I thought all was done.  Then she took my hair down and massaged my hair.  She pinned up my hair, sort of, and went out saying no shower.  I got dressed, found a comb which worked great and went to where they had taken my shoes and given me a pair of slippers to wear in the hallway but take off before going into a room.  There were my shoes and a cup of tea for me to drink.

(Hope I can find a comb like it as it really worked nice on my long hair.  I think it is made from a coconut shell.)

I then went down to the waiting area and told Batty what had not happened and told her not to pay the full amount.  She went to the desk and explained things.  They told her I should have known what to do.  Hey, I am a country gal and do not know about these things.  Finally Batty convinced them and they gave her money back.

We then came back to the hotel and sat around talking.  The cousin went and got food for supper.  I was eating a very good salad when I got something that burned my mouth like a 10 alarm fire, just as Bert called on Skype.  It took lots of different things and quite a long time to get the fire out but finally my mouth felt better.  Batty wasn't even sure what I got into.  Wilda I think that one might have even gotten you.

We have a trip planned to an island for tomorrow so hopefully there will be more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment