Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vegatation along our route to mountain - March 2                                                                                   

As we were driving to the mountains we were in the orchard area of Thailand.  As it is winter here (you'd never guess it) most of the trees are just leafed out not in bloom or with fruit.  Toon told me the names of these trees but since I do not know the language the names did not stick in my brain.  She was very happy when she did see some fruit on a tree.  Many of the trees were some type of tree.  If I know the name of the fruit I will add that information.

 
It is sweet potato harvest time.
These sticks are the way sweet potatoes are planted.
The sticks are full of buds and are layed in the ground.
I saw truck loads of sweet potatoes going to market.
They are really nice and large.





 
Lotus
We stopped at on of Bee's friends homes.
This is in a large ern in her front yard.

 
Bee, Toon with me

 
papaya tree

 
durian fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment